Tuesday 26 January 2010

Keep her lit!

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, no excuse really. Just get lazy when u don't make a post for a few days and gets worse the longer u leave it...

Results wise, its still been pretty decent recently which is great. Making my fair share of finals which is always nice. My confirmed favourite tourney by a long way is the 7.30pm 20r on Full Tilt, I have managed to final table it twice the last 2 times I've played it, which is quite sick, but managed to donk out 3rd both times. Good for $3k on Friday past, and $5.5k for 3rd once more this evening(Tuesday). This week, it's double guarantees on Full Tilt which seems amazing, the prize pools are very juicy indeed!!

Also had a 2nd in a $26 MTT on FTP last Wednesday which was also good for $3k, as well as a few solid Final Tables on Stars, including a win in a $22 6 max for $2k, always nice to bag the victory. So overall, I have no complaints with how things have been going, have even managed to spin up a small roll with my own coin on Lock Poker, would be nice to build on that.

Confidence in your game is a huge factor in success in MTTs imo and at the minute I feel like I'm on top of my game. Have tweaked a few aspects of my play in the last few months, mainly playing with a lot more aggression generally, and playing more pots in position with wider ranges, and the results have been very positive. Also, running like an absolute God certainly helps as well, I'm 990/991 in flips so far in 2010!


Shout out to a few other Omagh players who have had results recently online, Maccakid, Hellfish_89, Mickeycoyle, Pocket55ives and Bazmullin have all chalked up results recently. Even that tough Chi Dawg grinder has managed to pocket a few $$$, nice to see it, and nice to see that its not only talented boozers that this town produces!!

Went to book flights to Vegas for the summer the other night as well, but need to get my lost passport re-issued first, then I am def gonna book them. Been pretty much a dream of mine to go over during the WSOP, so fk it, why not go for it. Also, squad of us have penciled in a cultural tour of Liverpool for Paddys Day, this should be very messy indeed!

I decided to invest some of the $$ back into the setup at the house, including a spanking DELL 24" monitor that is pretty much the nuts, and a new chair that should help the posture and such - spending long hours in front of a desk/laptop couldn't be good for this department. Also have ordered a new Sony Vaio laptop which looks the bizz, my current HP lappy is overheating too much and randomly shutting down, so I dont mind spending the cash here cos its an investment more than anything. Just hope the good run continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment